International Study Abroad Module options

As a student on the international study abroad programme you have the option study either 4 or 3 modules, making a programme of study up to 60 UK or 80 UK credits (equivalent to 12 US - 16 US credits).

Modules are normally worth 20 UK credits (4 US) and you can study across any of the disciplines we teach at the University of Westminster.

Further information on how to choose your modules and any programme regulations are detailed on the relevant module catalogue pages for the 4 module programme and 3 module programme offerings.

Study Abroad for International Students

Who are these programmes for?

Our semester-long and year-long undergraduate study abroad programmes are open to all international students from outside the European Union or Swiss Nationals.

If you are a student within the European Union or are a Swiss National, please visit our EU students study abroad page.

Programme benefits

  • Participate in a unique study and learning adventure at one of the most dynamic UK universities in the heart of London
  • Compliment your studies with an optional internship to enhance your employability and kick-start your future international career
  • Enhance your academic learning and understanding of your discipline. Evidence suggests that those who study abroad achieve higher grades in their degree programmes
  • Earn international credits to transfer back to your degree programme at your home university to showcase your international learning
  • As an alumnus of one of our study abroad programmes you will be eligible for a 15% discount on one of our full- and part-time Masters courses* and PhD courses

Programme overview

On the programme, you will be able to:

  • Study 3 or 4 modules earning up to 60/80 UK credits (12–16 US credits)
  • Gain international work experience by taking an internship as part of your study abroad programme, which allows you to combine work and study
  • Choose classes from a wide range of subjects, including Business, Law, Politics, International Relations, Visual Arts, English Literature, and more
  • Transfer university credit from successfully completed modules to your home university
  • Apply for housing in University accommodation
  • Receive full pre-departure information before you leave home and an extensive orientation session when you arrive
  • Be supported by specialist advisers to guide you through your study experience
  • Opt to participate in the Education Abroad Team’s social programme

Apply now


For Landlords

At the University of Westminster we recognise our partnership with private sector landlords is a vital one.

We offer places in halls for 1,500 students out of a total student population of more than 23,000, which leaves a big market for advertising property through our housing lists. We strongly believe that a student living in the private sector still views it as part of their overall student experience, and therefore we insist on landlords taking the welfare of our students seriously.

We do not place students into private rented accommodation directly but provide them with the information they need in order to look for it themselves.

We are keen to help mediate in disputes that students and landlords may have, but ultimately it is up to the individual parties to solve the problems. The main role which we have is to maintain an up-to-date housing list.

It is currently free to advertise rooms and properties with us, and all fully enrolled, full-time students have easy online access to the list.

If you would like to advertise on our housing list, please download a 2016-17 registration form and return it, along with relevant Gas Safety Certificates, HMO licenses and other relevant documents, to the address provided.

We cannot advertise a property without a valid, up-to-date Gas Safety certificate and may ask for documents confirming that a landlord has the right to let the property.

Landlords, where appropriate, are also expected to register with one of the Tenancy Deposit Schemes. If this is not done then we will advise students as to the appropriate routes to take further action.

As a landlord, you may also want to cover the building and your contents with insurance. Endsleigh are a provider of landlord insurance, and offer a 10 per cent discount for landlords that rent homes to students.

A new registration form will be needed each year and we require one per property.

Please take the time to read our Landlord Guide (see below) before returning the registration forms, and if you have any questions, please contact our office on the contact details below.

T: 020 7911 5817
F: 020 7911 5037

E: [email protected]

Emergency and temporary accommodation

Visit London on +44 (0)3330 146 268 and quote the reference They can recommend a reasonably priced hotel. They have a database of current availability for an extensive range of hotels around London.

For further information visit

The Rhondda Guest House
16 Harrow View

T: 020 8427 5009
(near to the Harrow Campus)

If you are already a student at the University of Westminster and need temporary or emergency accommodation during office hours you should first contact Student Accommodation.

Temporary Hostel Accommodation

A separate information sheet Private Hostels is available from Student Housing Services and some of the hostels included may take temporary bookings.

Central London

One of the most popular student hostels in London is International Students House. You should contact them direct at:

International Students House
229 Great Portland Street,
London W1W 5PN

T: 020 7631 8300

Other hostels providing centrally located, budget priced, short-term accommodation are:

The Generator
Compton Place
London WC1H 9SE

T: 020 7388 7666

Clink Hostels
261-265 Grays Inn Road
London WC1X 8QT

T: 020 7713 7789

The YMCA offer short-term accommodation for single students and limited short-term accommodation for couples and those with families. You do not need to be male or Christian to stay at them.

8 Errol Street
London EC1Y 8SE

T: 020 7614 5000
E: [email protected]

The Walrus Hostel
172 Westminster Bridge Road
London SE1 7RW

T: 07545 589 214
E: [email protected]

Youth Hostels Association

The YHA has seven hostels in the London area, the closest to the Central London campuses being on Oxford St. The maximum stay is normally three consecutive nights, depending upon room availability and at the discretion of the Hostel Manager.


Wimdu is an accommodation provider specialising in listing individual private accommodation and bringing together visitors and hosts from all around the world at great rates. With over 3000 listings in London for both long and short term stays, Wimdu is a great resource for students looking to rent in more local areas of the capital.

In order to receive a discount students will need to contact the booking team at Wimdu using their University of Westminster email address.


Euro Hotel London Wembley
1-7 Elm Road
Wembley, Middlesex

T: 020 8902 1764

No.8 Hostel London‎
305 High Road
London NW10 2JT

T: 020 8459 8576‎

Homeless Persons

If you are homeless and considered in priority need, the Local Authority Homeless Persons Department has a duty to find you accommodation. However, most students are not eligible unless they have children or a serious medical condition.

Shelterline Emergency Service

If you have nowhere to go and have very limited or no money to pay for accommodation then contact Shelterline. This is an emergency housing service which has an up-to-date database of hostel vacancies. This is a 24 hour service available every day on FREEPHONE 0808 800 4444.

Get Connected

Get Connected help people under the age of 25 who find themselves homeless by providing advice and support on searching for accommodation, they are available 365 days a year on FREEPHONE: 0808 808 4994, text: 80849.

Disclaimer: The details given are for information purposes only. Inclusion on the listing does not constitute a recommendation by the University of Westminster.

Renting during summer

During the summer months, we rent our rooms commercially, offering fantastic locations at very reasonable prices. The rooms will be available from June until early September, depending on availability.

If you are interested in finding out more, please contact the Summer Accommodation team at [email protected] or on +44 (0)20 7911 5181.

If the rooms are fully booked and you are a University of Westminster student, you can always get advice on finding private accommodation alternatives by contacting us.

Contact us

Student Accommodation
University of Westminster
2nd Floor
Cavendish House
101 New Cavendish Street
London W1W 6XH

T: [email protected]
E: +44 (0)20 7911 5181

Private rented accommodation - Further information

We want you to be able to make informed decisions about where you live and to know your rights and responsibilities in the unlikely event of encountering difficulty. We have therefore prepared some information sheets that you may find useful when looking for private accommodation.

Please feel free to get in contact with us if you have any questions relating to the information as we will be happy to help.

Housing Information Sheets